With summer just around the corner, we are preparing for the upcoming summer season. With that said, our registration for the 2021 summer season is now open!
All-Star Tournament teams will be formed at each age level from ages 8 to 12. The tournament roster is selected by a committee of coaches and board members, based on observations, tryouts and evaluations from the spring season. Players on the tournament teams must have played in more than 60% of games during the regular spring season. Tournament team rosters will be announced on June 1st or shortly thereafter.
Practices and games can run from mid-June through late July, depending on the team and tournament entered, as well as the team's level of success. Tournament teams require a significant commitment on each family's part, including practices, games and travel.
The cost will be $190 per child to cover uniform, umpires, equipment, tournament fees, etc.
The registration page will allow you to complete contact information, sign up for participation, and submit payment. Please read through each page carefully to ensure all information is provided accurately. If you are familiar with our processes and system, please feel free to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the continue button.
We are looking forward to another great year.
Let's Play Ball!
• 8U Tournament team will play in the Par-Troy Tournament. The tournament will begin around the week of June 14th and run through July 31. The schedule typically consists of one weeknight game and one Saturday morning game per week, with each team guaranteed to play a minimum of 10 regular season games and at least one playoff game. About half the games will be played at Ginty and the away games will be within a 30 minute drive of Morristown. Team rosters will consist of a minimum of 11 players, with a maximum of 14 players.
• 9U Tournament team will play in the Mendham Tournament. The Mendham tournament is the premier tournament for NJ District #1. The tournament will begin around the week of June 21st and run through July 31. The schedule will consist of three games a week. Games are usually played on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. About half the games will be played at Ginty and the away games will be within a 30 minute drive of Morristown. Team rosters must consist of a minimum of 11 players with a maximum of 13 players.
• 10U Williamsport Tournament team will play in the Williamsport Tournament. First round District games will begin the week of June 21st and run through mid-July. If the team advances to the Sectionals, and or States the season could last through mid-August.
• 11U Williamsport Tournament team will play in the Williamsport Tournament. First round District games will begin approximately the week of June 21st and run thru mid-July, If the team advances to the Sectionals and States, the season could last through mid-August
• 12U Williamsport Tournament team will play in the Williamsport Tournament. First round District games begin approximately the week of June 21st and run thru mid-July, If the team advances to the Sectionals, States, Regionals and Little League World Series in Williamsport, the season could last through August 28.
OTHER SUMMER BASEBALL TEAMS
If a player does not make one of the tournament teams mentioned above, there may be opportunities to play other summer baseball through MAALL. Over the years non-tournament MAALL teams have participated in a variety of leagues in the area where games would be played at Ginty and at other town locations in the area. Non-tournament summer baseball teams are not guaranteed as team creation is based upon registration numbers. Players may also play in a division with kids that are potentially older or younger depending upon registration.
Leagues typically start mid June and run through the end of July. Every effort will be made to form teams to accommodate kids as close to their age groups as possible.
MAALL's Summer Teams are eligible for any player who played in more than 60% of the MAALL Spring Season games.
1. Players must register through MAALL website prior to Monday May 24 indicating interest in our Summer Baseball program
2. Players who have registered by the date above will be contacted, and invited to an evaluation at Ginty.
3. Coaches from each age group will meet (under the supervision of the President, Vice president, & Player Agent) to select each team.
4. Player selection will be based on (in order): player eligibility, player availability and player evaluations. Evaluations will be based on coaches’ formal written evaluations; as well as coaches’ input during the selection meeting.
5. Head Coaches of each team are appointed by the board through a selection process.
6. The head coach will have the opportunity to add 1 or 2 players at his or her discretion if they choose to do so.
If a player has paid in full, is not selected for a tournament team and does not want to play on another MAALL summer team as descried above, a full refund will be issued as soon as possible.
If a player is placed on a team and rostered and then decides to not play, the refund process will work as follows:
- If uniforms have been ordered but no games have been played, family will receive a maximum of a $100 refund per player.
- If the team has played their first game, no refunds will be issued.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Phone: (973) 903-5065
Select an option to continue with the registration.